Friday 5 February 2010

Video killed the programming bloke ...

Well I was up till the wee hours working on some video code. Blah. Basically converting a register dump into code with #defined constants and other 'nice' stuff. Pity it doesn't do much more though.

Then I spent pretty much all day today failing at trying to get S-Video output working. But I just can't get it to work. I get some sort of signal out, and it looks like it could be the test pattern, but there doesn't appear to be any sync signal, and it's a bit weak too. At this point I think it might be worth cutting my losses and leaving it. For all I know the video DAC isn't even powered on properly - but to play with it's power you need to use I2C.

Actually that isn't all I did, as well as the video setup, I was `cleaning up' some other basic routines. Some clib-less debug stuff, and better exception handlers. I'm sick of rewriting bits of mess every time I try something new, and maybe this'll let me put it on the 'net at some point too.

I submitted some patches to Haiku too, one of which was applied within a few minutes.

Hmm, forgot to eat too, and now it's evening again. Mates are down the pub asking me along but I just don't fee like it today. Just finished a beer here and all I want to do is sleep now.

No comments: